• 3/4 cups apple juice (I used fuji apples)
• 1 3/4 cups orange juice
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 1/4 cup cornstarch
• pinch of salt
• zest of 1 orange
• 1 cup carrot juice (from about 2 lbs peeled carrots)
• 1 to 2 inch peeled chunk of fresh ginger (juiced with carrots if possible, finely grated if not)
• In a medium saucepan, combine apple juice, orange juice, sugar, cornstarch, salt, & orange zest.
If you don’t have a juicer at home you’ll also need to add your grated ginger now as well.
• Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, whisking regularly to prevent lumps. Once the mixture has boiled and thickened to a citrus-curd-like consistency, remove from heat.
Add carrot juice and ginger juice (if you aren’t using grated ginger) and whisk to combine. If using grated ginger, strain mixture through a fine mesh strainer to remove pulp.
• Pour the mixture into ice pop molds (makes enough liquid to fill ten 3-ounce pops). If your ice pop maker comes with plastic sticks, insert now and freeze at least 4 hours or until solid. If using wooden sticks, cover the mold and freeze for 45 minutes to 1 hour before inserting sticks and freezing for at least three hours more.